Registering a Domain Name
Here some tips on how to register a domain name and more importantly how to pick the right domain name for your business.
1. What You Need
If you are registering a ‘.com.au’ domain name you will need:
- A Registered Business Name or Company Name that is similar to the name you want to register. For example AB CD Pty Ltd can register www.abcd.com.au
- A Registered Business Name Number or Company Number
If you are registering a ‘.com’ or any other US Based Domains Name you don’t need either of the above two items.
2. Select A Name
3. Keep It Short And Simple
4. Select A Name That Includes What You Do
5. Register Your Domin Name for 2 Years
6. Register As Many Domain Name Options As You Can
7. Use Someone You Trust
8. Keep Your Domain Name Details Somewhere Safe
9. Select A Website Hosting Company
Once you have your domain name registered you will then need to find a ‘host’ for your Domain Name, emails and/or website. Select a hosting company that has its servers situated locally – this in general will make your website faster to access and any communication between you and the host will be easier.